Yacker Tracker Help & FAQ
Helping You to Understand Your Yacker Tracker
What to expect from your Yacker Tracker. We share this information with you so that when you think you have a defective unit you can verify what to expect from a correctly working unit.
- • The Yacker Tracker was developed to help students self monitor the noise level in the classroom setting.
- • Unit can be used with Adapter (provided) or with 6 AA batteries (not included).
- • The front of the unit contains a sound meter that picks up the level of noise in a room.
- • Where the unit is placed or facing makes a difference (suggestions: do Not place it near a door that will be constantly opening and shutting, or in the front of the classroom where direct instruction or writing on a whiteboard will take place as the unit will pick up on the closet noise).
- • It is suggested that you try your Yacker Tracker in different locations in your room to see which location best tracks the noise level in your classroom. Mounting on the wall will alleviate the problem of the unit being placed behind something that will block the mivrophone's efficiency of picking up sounds.
- • User has an option of Siren only, "Queit Please" (in: English, German, French, Spanish or record your own 15 second personal message). Toggle alert sound by pressing MODE button on back of unit. Noise must register for longer than 2 seconds before lights and sounds are activated.
- • To record your own 15 second personal message, press and hold REC button and start speaking into the microphone (MIC) after you hear the first beep sound. Your recording will stop when you either release the REC button or when you hear a second beep beep sound after 15 seconds.
|Unit does not work or the lights don't work properly:||Make sure the adapter is plugged into the unit and the power cord is plugged all the way into the power outlet or, if using batteries, check battery position for correct polarity (+/-). Otherwise, replace with a brand new set of 6 "AA" batteries. It is recommended to use Alkaline batteries.|
|The siren doesn't work:||Make sure you are in the Siren mode by pressing the MODE button to toggle through the various modes.|
|The unit is not funtioning properly after troubleshooting:||Return unit to the retailer or catalog from shich it was purchased for exchange. Proof of purchase receipt is required.|
|The Yacker Tracker is designed to be used with the include AC Adapter (input: 100-240V AC 50-60Hz, output: 9V DC 500mA). Using incompatible adapters may result in damage to the unit.||Replacement adapters are available for purchase Contact us for a dealer in your area.|
Save your proof of purchase receipt. With the purchase information you provide, retailers will be able to confirm the purchase date of your product. This confirmation is of benefit to you. Returns or exchanges of defective units may not be authorized without a purchase receipt.